Advertisement

Learn the English Phrases, 'to make ends meet' and 'enough to get by'

Learn the English Phrases, 'to make ends meet' and 'enough to get by' ✅ Please consider supporting my channel by clicking here:

Read along to practice your English and to learn the English phrase, "to make ends meet" and "enough to get by"

So in this English lesson, I want to help you learn the English phrase, to make ends meet. In English, when you try to make ends meet, it means that you try to earn enough money at your job so that you can pay all of your expenses. I just used this phrase, actually, yesterday, or this morning, in an email with Deekshansh, hi, Deekshansh, by the way, one of my viewers, and I was saying that Jen and I are hoping we can make ends meet later this year, because we will not be selling very many flowers because of COVID, because our farmer's market might not let us sell flowers. We might only have people at the market who are selling food. And so, if Jen and I don't sell flowers, it might be hard for us to make ends meet. We'll be fine, by the way. Don't feel bad for us. I still have my teaching job, and I make a little bit of money from YouTube, so we shouldn't have any trouble making ends meet. But we certainly hope that we will be able to sell flowers to make it a bit easier.

And in English, we also use this phrase when we are talking about money. It's nice when you have enough to get by. When you have enough to get by, it means that you're making enough money at work, you're making enough money from your job, that you can pay all your bills, that you can pay your mortgage, that you can buy food. When you have enough to get by, you are not going into debt, but you are certainly earning money and using that money to pay for all of the things that you have in life. So, when you make ends meet, it means that you make just enough money to survive and to pay your bills, and when you have enough to get by, it means pretty much the same thing. You have just enough money to live. So, I hope you enjoyed this English lesson on these two English phrases, and I hope you were able to improve your English just a bit. I'm Bob the Canadian. It's Friday. That means it's the weekend. I will see you on Monday with a new short English lesson. 

WANT MORE ENGLISH LESSONS? GO TO YOUTUBE AND SEARCH, "BOB THE CANADIAN"

#englishlesson #englishvocabulary #englishgrammar

---

⌛ Be sure to watch the video TWICE today and ONCE tomorrow to reinforce the English that you have learned!

---

✅ SUBSCRIBE RIGHT HERE:

---

✅ Looking for longer English lessons? My other channel is right here:

yt:cc=on,learn english,english lesson,make ends meet,meaning of make ends meet,enough to get by,meaning of enough to get by,

Post a Comment

0 Comments