Advertisement

Eating my feelings

Eating my feelings For as long as I can remember, I have eaten my feelings, eaten when stressed and eaten when bored. As a result of this I have always struggled with my weight, I tend to yo-yo a bit and struggle to stick to a healthy eating plan. I have tried other coping mechanisms in the past, such as smoking, drinking, drugs and sex – none of these escapisms made me feel any better. My eating habits are the hardest to shake off long term. Currently the UK is in lock-down due to the coronavirus, I have been isolated for about 14 days in total. I live alone and although I ring people to talk to or we talk over the internet I am still quite lonely, bored and feeling isolated. I am working from home at the moment which helps a lot as it gives me something productive to do. Despite of this, I find myself visiting the fridge and eating bread and butter rather a lot. I am trying to work on the causes of this in therapy however it is a long, tough journey. Please join me in my kitchen while I stuff my face and make coffee.

feelings

Post a Comment

0 Comments